Wednesday, June 4, 2014

A Week in the Life: Day 1

It's Wednesday morning, and so it's time to get started on this. As the day goes on, I'll try to update the post every few hours with what I've been doing. Today might be a little boring, but that's real life. The rest of this week will be crazy busy, so it's good that today's not too exciting. If anything exciting happens, I'll take pictures and add them in for variety. :)

7am: I woke up in time to say goodbye to my mom as she runs out the door to work.

7:30: I check my email, Facebook, the weather, the news, Feedly (a blog reader). Answer a few emails, check the FedEx website to track a package that I'm expecting.

8:00: I watch the lesson for a math lesson (Teaching Textbooks Algebra II), and do the practice problems. I then go eat some fruit my mom and sister left on the table from when they ate breakfast.

8:30: I watch a few Crash Course Psychology videos (I'm almost a month behind), then suddenly remember that today was going to be the first day I live blogged. Oops.

9:00: I get on the blog for the first time today and write up this post so far. Now, I'm off to take a shower and get dressed (yeah, I did all that stuff up there in my pajamas).

9:45: Now, dressed and showered, I finish working on a History lesson I started yesterday. I'm reading a chapter in New History of the World about the Europe coming out of the Dark Ages.

10:15: I update the blog again, and then go to copy my scribbled notes about from the history lesson into a legible and understandable summary to put in my notebook. I then spend the next hour finishing the summary while also attempting to promote a dance performance I'm doing this weekend on Facebook, and answering questions about said dance performance.

11:00: I finish the math lesson I started earlier. The power also goes out about this time, for some yet known reason.

11:30: After calling the power company to report the outage, I make up some lesson plans for Latin class next week, and grade all of the assignments they handed in yesterday.

12:00: A package I have been waiting for finally arrives. I spend quite a while looking at the stuff that arrived.

12:45: Lunch. Tuna sandwiches and carrots. We spend quite a while talking over lunch.

1:45: The power comes back on!

2:00 Isabelle and my dad go to park day, but I stay home to get more work done. Now that the power and internet are back, I send a bunch of emails, and get a bit distracted reading blogs. Back to work now.

2:45: I read The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban for a while. I really should have done more school work, but I really didn't feel like it, so I just read that book for a few hours. I also watch a few videos online, and try for a while to understand why some of my posts on Facebook are shareable (by my friends) and others aren't, but still don't understand it. I also remember a few hours later than normal to take Flovent, my steroid inhaler for my asthma.

5:45: My mom and sister get home from park day. I clean up my desk a bit, and decide that I really need to get something more done today.

6:30: Mom is making dinner, so I decide I really need to get something more productive done today, and finish up the Latin reading I started last week, since it's obvious I won't get around to writing up some mini biographies of people from the place/time I was reading about earlier for history, which is the most urgent thing on my school list right now. I have only have a few paragraphs to translate, so hopefully I can finish before dinner.

6:45: I almost manage to finish before dinner (Cod with asparagus and some kind of garlic soy sauce thing on it, and rice).

7:20: I clean up the table after dinner and very quickly finish the Latin Reading. Time to update the blog again. I was thinking about do more homework, but against it. So, time to waste time on the internet (not a hard thing) until mom and Isabelle are done doing some school reading.

7:45: We watch an episode of Gilmore Girls.

8:45: I read a bit, and try to organize school for tomorrow, and plan my schedule for the next few days.

9:30: Mom and I read West with the Night by Beryl Markham, and get ready for bed.

11:00: Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment