Friday, August 7, 2015

Age is Relative {Question #1)

While browsing on Tumblr, I stumbled onto the F*** Yeah Surveys blog, which is just a collection of awesome surveys to do. I found this one that had a really great selection of questions, and I realized that most of these could be full blog posts of their own.

So that's what I'm going to do. These should be fun to answer, and these posts should be easy to write. Some of the answers will be short, others longer. I'll try to make sure they are all at least 500 words, just to make things interesting. There are 100 of these total, and I'll try to do most of them over the next few months, though I'll probably end up skipping some.

Today we're starting with the question:

1.    Are you young at heart, or an old soul?


Well, I kind of don't like this question, because we all are the age we are, but the experiences we have shape the way we react to situations, which is what I assume this question is talking about. My friends would probably say "old soul" simply because I'm always the one saying, "Uh, guys, don't you think this is a bad idea?" and being the 'responsible one.'

But also, I don't put a ton of value on a lot of the stuff that is part of youth culture. I haven't had a lot of the stereotypical teen experiences, and I don't really care. I'm happy with the person I am, and I don't care all that much that I've never gone to prom or homecoming, or that I won't have a typical high school graduation, or that my parents and younger siblings are at basically every party I go to. I really don't care.

I don't know if that really answers the question, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't feel the need to party and live it up right now. I want to go to college, not to drink, but to study, and being on the path to having a successful, fulfilling career is more important to me right now than meeting guys and being a traditional 17 year old.

That's not to say that I don't value having fun, I certainly do. I just know where my priorities lie.

I don't know if this was what this question was supposed to mean, but what the heck. This was fun. :P


No comments:

Post a Comment