Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Banned Books: Part Seven

This is the final post in a series I published on my old blog in September 2012. I have been posting them here over the last month or so. Part one, two, three, four, five, and six.

Here are the top 91-100 most commonly challenged books from 2000-2009, according to the ALA. The bold ones I have read. My comments below the title. The links lead to their Amazon.com pages. In the case of a series, it either goes to a box set, or the first book in the series.



91. Julie of the Wolves, by Jean Craighead George
A wonderful book. I enjoyed it a lot at the age of eleven. I can not, for the life of me, think of one single reason why this book would be banned.

92. The Boy Who Lost His Face, by Louis Sachar
I have not read it, but I like Louis Sachar a lot.

93. Bumps in the Night, by Harry Allard

94. Goosebumps (series), by R.L. Stine
Ick. I have not read these, and have absolutely NO intention to.

95. Shade’s Children, by Garth Nix
 I have not read this, but I probably should.

96. Grendel, by John Gardner

97. The House of the Spirits, by Isabel Allende

98. I Saw Esau, by Iona Opte

99. Are You There, God?  It’s Me, Margaret, by Judy Blume
A must read for every girl.

100. America: A Novel, by E.R. Frank
This book looks amazing. I will definitely read it. 

Well, that is it. All 100 of the most commonly challenged books of the last decade. You probably noticed that I mentioned that though I have not read many of the books, I hope to soon. As I read them, I will edit these posts with new descriptions. So, keep checking back often! Someday, I hope to have read at least 90 out of the 100.


I have read 21 of the 100 books on this list.What about you? Have you read any of the ones I have not? If you post a short (1-3 sentences) comment about any of the books here in the comments, I will edit it into the post. If possible, I want to get comments about every single book!

No comments:

Post a Comment