Sunday, May 12, 2013

Banned Books: Part Six

This post is part of a series that I wrote for my old blog in September 2012. I have been posting them here over the last month or so. Part one, two, three, four, and five.

Here are the top 76-90 most commonly challenged books from 2000-2009, according to the ALA. The bold ones I have read. My comments below the title. The links lead to their Amazon.com pages. In the case of a series, it either goes to a box set, or the first book in the series.


76. A Prayer for Owen Meany, by John Irving

77. Crazy: A Novel, by Benjamin Lebert
I might have to read this one...

78. The Joy of Gay Sex, by Dr. Charles Silverstein
The title says it all. :)

79. The Upstairs Room, by Johanna Reiss

80. A Day No Pigs Would Die, by Robert Newton Peck
I have not read this book, but Robert Peck is very funny, so it is probably good.

81. Black Boy, by Richard Wright

82. Deal With It!, by Esther Drill

83. Detour for Emmy, by Marilyn Reynolds
On my To-Read list.

84. So Far From the Bamboo Grove, by Yoko Watkins

85. Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes, by Chris Crutcher
I am not a huge fan of Chris Crutcher, and I must say this book was really just okay. It was on a topic which very few books are about, which makes it unique.


86. Cut, by Patricia McCormick
This is the only Patricia McCormick book I haven't read, but I really should. It sounds good.

87. Tiger Eyes, by Judy Blume
Yet another Judy Blume book on the list. This is a good one, though it has been years since I read it.

88. The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood
Sounds really goo, though I have not read it.

89. Friday Night Lights, by H.G. Bissenger
The inspiration for the TV show.

90. A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeline L’Engle
An amazing book. I have read it at least 10 times since the age of eight. I can honestly say that with out this book, I would probably have never started reading Science Fiction.
 


I have read 19/90 of the books so far. What about you? Have you read any of the ones I have not? If you post a short (1-3 sentaces) comment about he book in the comments I will edit it into the post. If possible, I want comments about every single book!

No comments:

Post a Comment