Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Life Update {Dance, Books, and DisneyWorld}

It's time for a little update on what I've been up to. The easy answer to that question is not that much.

Everything that had stopped for the holidays has started up again. Dance is going well, and I now have an extra hour a week to rehearse for a show we're taking part in in mid March. Current Events class started up again yesterday. The topic of discussion this time was Boeing vs. the Machinists union, which is a very timely and local issue. Our next World Lit book discussion is next week, and I am almost done with the book we're reading, Malgudi Days. I'll review it once I'm done with it.

In book news, I'm also reading A Clash of Kings, which I am very slowly working on, but very much enjoying. It has a different feel from A Game of Thrones, and it has a more serious tone. Once I finally finish it, I will of course write up a review. The other book I'm reading right now is the Firm, by John Grishom. So far, I'm really loving the story, and it's incredibly gripping.

If you want to keep up with what I'm reading all the time, you can see the Goodreads widget to the right, which lists all the books I'm currently reading. You can also follow me on Goodreads to keep up with my progress on the books (I try to update it every few days).

School has mostly been going well. I know I didn't put up a HF post on Friday like I said I was going to, but I'm currently working on one for this week.

The last week of February, I'm going to be in Disney World, so there probably won't be a lot going on here, but when I get back I'll try to post a bunch of pictures.

I know a lot of people are still having problems posting comments, and I haven't had time yet to really try to figure out the problem. If you have any knowledge of this, and think you might know what the problem is, please email me at readingwritinghighschool@gmail.com. Thanks!

1 comment: